I’d like to extend the opportunity to become a sponsor of Trenton, NJ’s First Robotics Competition (FRC) Team, STEMCivics Team5666. FRC is part of www.usfirst.org with the mission of expanding STEM education through robotics competitions for students in grades 4 – 12.
Our robotics team is comprised of 18 students, 4 are female. We have students from several ethnic and national backgrounds including African, African-American, Mexican and Guatemalan. The team is dedicated and great to work with. The competition benefits them, their brand new Charter School, and creates bonds in the community.
I began as a volunteer Mentor on Jan. 5th, and after many long nights and weekends (120+ personal hours) we completed the robot Feb 17th. Now we are preparing for two competitions. We have been operating on a shoestring and could use your help:
- The kids work late in the evenings and are hungry! Food donations will support their work. Please call to contribute food at 609.532.7257.
Financial Support to cover this year’s expenses and future efforts.
- The STEMCivics Charter School paid for the robot’s basic Kit of Parts and competition entry. An additional $4600 in tools and materials was required to customize the robot for this year’s competition.
- We have a good shot at the ‘Mid-Atlantic Region Rookie Award’ and would then compete in St. Louis, MO at the National/World Competition. Travel expenses are estimated at $15,000. All funds will be applied to the permanent fund if we do not go to St. Louis.
On behalf of Stevenson Demorcy, Lead Coach for Trenton’s STEMCivics Team 5666, I invite you to contribute a 501c3 tax-deductible donation to STEMCivics and send as follows.
STEMCivics, 202 Grand Street, Trenton, NJ 08611
Specify Robotics Contribution (separate fund)
See letter from Lead Coach for additional information STEMCivicsSponsorshipLetter
Here are some pictures of this year’s first-ever build season.
Thank You for your help!
- On behalf of Trenton’s STEMcivics Charter School FRC Robotics Team
- Vivado Asynchronous Clocking Group Constraint
- Enable DIFF_TERM for LVDS in Vivado’s PlanAhead
- New System Design Succeeds First Time – Despite Challenging Requirements
- First-Time Success with ASIC Prototype of Automotive Wiper Controller